PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Site Reliability Intern
San Diego, CA
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment of data warehouse tools and Services in AWS
- Operationalize and optimize all aspects of the operations, release and deployment processes leveraging cloud native solutions
- Develop self-service capabilities for our Services - i.e. UX or API based consumption of our Services, vs human driven fulfillment of requests
- Develop automated tests to improve and measure quality
- Improve operational monitoring to collect and trend new KPI (performance indicators)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with public cloud services and deployments is a must, preferably AWS
- Strong development experience in one of these languages - Python or Java
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle. Experience integrating Open Source tools
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues in an enterprise, distributed-services ecosystem
- Experienced user of one or more source code management tools, preferably Git
- Should have experience in developing tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- Strong belief in driving operational excellence with owning efficiency and automation at the core of operations
- A good work ethic
- Ability to learn in a dynamic environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
SCEA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.