Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required
- Graduate of an accredited discipline-specific program or BS/BA in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience required in physician billing/reimbursement, billing compliance, and/or Auditing.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in auditing and educating individuals regarding medical record documentation in a multi-specialty setting is preferred.
Requirement skill set includes:
- Certified coder, ideally with AHIMA which is more hospital-focused;
- Deep understanding of hospital-related workflows, department structure, clinical resources (i.e., might have past experience in medical records department or other clinical area);
- Auditor experience in the developing evidence and understanding clinical documentation to complete audit process;
- Candidate will enable to work independently,effective communicator, detail oriented to explain issues to hospital leaders at all levels, and excellent business writing skills;
- Willing to travel among the facilities including Kentucky and Indiana hospitals in order to complete an assigned audit;
- Able to stay overnight in area to complete audits as required.