As a Mechanic, your duties will be to cut, assemble, fabricate, and test gear reducers, motors, industrial and hydraulic hoses and components, and linear shafting. You will work from a predetermined production order and pick the necessary components to assemble and complete the assigned job. Other duties include active involvement in operational excellence through continuous improvement projects, on-the-job training, schools, and online classes.
- Reviews work orders, customer specifications, manufacturer catalogs, bill of materials, and specifications by customer and/or manufacturer written and/or verbal instructions.
- Receiving and shipping of parts and assemblies.
- Picks and visually checks inventory to assemble reducers, shafting and hose for proper functioning, identification and adherence to customer specifications.
- Assembles gearing, hose, and/or shafting to customer specifications and quality expectations.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy through cycle counting and proper receiving methods.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Reduces complexity; drives standardization in our data and processes; delivers on customer expectations; eliminates downtime
- Performs regular preventative maintenance on Shop equipment (i.e. oil changes, cleaning, etc.)
- Detects and reports faulty equipment, defective materials, improper operations, and unusual conditions to Team Leader.
- Equivalent to a high school degree.
- Specialized training in power transmission and fluid power is a plus
- Comfortable working with computers
- Requires the ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- SAP experience preferred
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.