Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital has been restoring hope and freedom to patients for more than 125 years. We are a post-acute rehabilitation hospital that caters to both pediatric and adult patients and has over 110 services available. Volunteer Services is an important role in ensuring that our patients get the care that they need and make a difference in the lives of others.
Position: Volunteer Services Intern
Description: Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital seeks an intern to assist with the recruitment, training and management of volunteers in order to aid the organization in its mission to serve patients. Specifically, the intern will assist with volunteer recruitment, communications, data entry and database management and program development.
* Research, develop and maintain lists of potential volunteer groups and individuals
* Help manage volunteer outreach using appropriate recruitment methods
* Reply to volunteer inquiries providing information about the organization and matching to specific volunteer role/answering questions
* Assist with onboarding and gathering of requirements for volunteers to begin
* Upload and organize documents to our database, assist with data entry, and ensure data quality of volunteer statistics
* Assist with volunteer orientation and trainings as needed
* Help with volunteer recognition, awards and events as needed per semester
* Organize and assist with any additional special projects that vary per semester
* Possess superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service to a diverse group of constituents (i.e. patients, colleagues and volunteers)
* Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Education, Non-Profit Management, Volunteer Management, Program Management, Healthcare Management)
* Previous internship or related experience either as a volunteer or managing volunteers is a plus
* Must possess working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, and Excel
* An effective communicator, both written and oral
* Enthusiasm for the mission of Mary Free Bed and the patients and families that we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, required 4-month commitment.
Hours: 16-20 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship