Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position is responsible to procure materials to support the requirements of the manufacturing process. It will maintain balance of inventory levels to ensure the lowest possible inventory with the highest possible fill rate as well as manage large or more difficult suppliers.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Utilize system to analyze material requirements to support manufacturing.
- Place purchase orders, expedite/de-expedite orders as necessary and maintain Visual Pull inventory.
- Analyze and adjust inventory levels (safety stocks; excess/obsolete material).
- Manage supply base (vendor performance, open order report, lead time reduction, etc.).
- Maintain HP 3000 System integrity by reviewing automated weekly audits.
- Support Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) initiatives (i.e. transitioning material to preferred supplier, purchase only from suppliers on Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Work with customers as main contact for orders and shipment scheduling.
- Maintain accuracy of customer orders in the system.
- Schedule strip shipments each week based on customer demands, trucks for N.A. plants and containers for overseas plants.
- Work with the cell Managers and Order Launchers to establish schedules for bonding/costing to meet customer requirements.
- Work with freight companies to ensure on-time delivery of material that has shipped.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, materials management or operations or equivalent experience preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years of experience in materials management, purchasing, buying or planning in a manufacturing environment. Automotive background is a plus.
- Analytical abilities, including strong math skills, necessary to plan, prioritize own work, complete work on schedule, and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of Constraint Management (Visual Pull) is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled